Friday, June 22, 2007

The importance on getting related to other businesses.

There is nothing more influential in attracting more customers than getting related directly to other businesses. Companies that do not necessarily must have been established for a decade but have developed a decent amount of customers and a good traffic to their websites are an excellent target for your online business.

You need to have in mind that the customers:

  • See you featured and they will most likely trust you more than any other new businesses out there.
  • Will subconsciously keep your website's name in their minds forever.
  • Judge. They will understand that you are really important and that they will consider you as a highly repectable business.


But how can an entrepeneur do this and how will another company take you seriously? The following are very important points to remember when forming these type of relationships.

  • Create different things: Anything that is out of the ordinary in your website is being searched by many businesses. (Example: contests)
  • Be professional: Do your best in doing a clean job on your website's layout and content.
  • Do not beg: There is a 95% chance that this business will let you know that it is interested in doing some type of network with you. Be natural.

I will tell you a little bit about my own experiences. A few months ago I had started to observe that video contests were now so much popular than a few years ago because nowadays most of the people own a regular videocamera or just simply a webcam. Furthermore, many people have become computer literate, making them capable of adding very basic special effects to it.

So I started a free topic video contest at YouTube, and I had no one upload a video for it. One day, I saw and ad of a website called Votigo (multimedia contests). I wanted to try it out, so I created a personal profile with them. I opened up a new contest there just so that my contestants could embed their video in it and get a vote, making it a potential resource on my decision towards who would become the winner. Once the administrator went over it, he wrote me a letter saying: "Your contest sounds interesting. Why don't you move your contest completely out to my website and I feature you there"? I accepted immediately. However, before taking my decision I thought about various factors that could affect my decision:

Factor: 1. Is this a really popular website?

Action: I made a page rank check and went over everything on the website to verify if it had a large audience.

Factor: Will the people really notice me?

Action: I realized that my promotion would be only one click away from the homepage.

Everything I thought was measured very carefully and positively.

It is very important that once you develop a business relationship with another website you demonstrate that you are a highly trustworthy person, respectful, and that you stay firm in your decisions and your determinations. Please think about various ways of doing something a little out of the oridinary in your website and showing it to the world. This is the way of people to noticeand trust you more every day that goes by. I hope you found today's post easy to understand. Please do not hesitate in emailing me with questions or posting comments in this blog and be sure to check back next week with a lot more interesting ways in your journey to success!

No comments: