Friday, June 29, 2007

Boost up your earnings with discussion boards.

Not too long ago I received this email:

Message sent Sunday, May 20, 2007, 12:01 am [EST] From: elisabeth
Message: Hey there! I've read a couple of your contributions to the Amazon affiliate boards. I like the layout of your site. I'm planning to set up a community website and want a discussion board like what you have here. Did this come with your webhosting plan? I'm still trying to figure all this out. I read somewhere that you need mySQl or something like that. Also can't figure out best way to design a webpage. Go for dreamweaver (hard to learn, I think), Spinmaster gets good reviews on Amazon. Did sign up for and play a little with Yahoo's webdesign software. Not thrilled with it. But nothing to compare it to. Yikes! So much to figure out. Any advice you give would be greatly appreciated! I like your nice clean look! - Elisabeth

I answered her questions in a fast reply, and told her that I had set up my discussion boards with a hosting company. She was very happy to hear this type of reply. This is actually a very easy way to set up discussion boards on your website.
You have various options:


  • Add categories related to your website's content only
  • Add categories related to your website's content and other categories that might interest other readers.

You can visit my discussion boards located in my website. This way you can have an idea of which forums you can add to your main categories. There are great monetary benefits when adding discussion boards in your online business:

  • When you opt to add your own advertisements (by signing up with any "Ads" program") to your boards you are gaining the absolute power to earn money while other visitors (not members) just simply read a message.

Remember that...

  • discussion boards might take years to get developed successfully.
  • you might want to start posting interesting messages to attract more visitors.
  • you should place your logo at the top of the page.
  • you should invite friends and family members to join.
  • you should add your boards link to traffic exchange programs and link exchange programs that I have previously mentioned to you.
  • setting up rules in your boards the right way will help other users feel safe where they are at.
  • offering a free advertising section in your forums will attract the attention of new members, adding even more useful information to your boards.

If you are patient, and let your discussion boards run without giving up, you will see how your earnings will increase and get multiplied as the months go by. Thanks for reading. I will come back next week with some more useful tips!

No comments: